2012-10-15

Stats issue - update

    Someone just emailed me about the 'popular posts this month' being a bit odd.  Turns out the blog stats have been reset to zero.  They're up to about six, but essentially they have been reset.

    I'm not the only one with this issue, a quick google turns up several people asking about it in the last 40minutes.  So I'll just sit back and let it sort itself out.  It is a shame in a way, the blog was going to hit 5,000 total views today.  But nothing I can do except wait and hope it is fixed in time.  It'd be a shame to lose the old stats, but won't impact too much on what I do.

    But I'll say thanx for the 5,000 views anyway!!  It's nice to have people actively reading the blog.  I get an odd sense of accomplishment from this.  Which is odd considering the blog started out as something solely for me, a place to store and collect stuff.  But it has become so much more!  It has become something I do for others as well as for me.  The blog regularly has over 100 views per day, and will soon have over 200 views per day.

    A very big thank you to those who have contributed so far (you know who you are), without you many posts would not have been possible.  Companies and individuals alike, you have been helpful and motivating.

    Here's to 10,000 views!  With luck we can celebrate it together soon :)

Update:
    Looks like the stats are back, but it's missing todays views.  Can't complain really, they fixed the issue quickly and everything's back in order.

    I found it interesting, reading the complaints and issues.  People noticed the stats reset considerably quickly.  Within 20 minutes of the reset there were questions popping up.  Just goes to show how important stats are to people and blogs.  They are a measure of success, growth, direction and more.

An~~

1 comment:

  1. We aren't the only ones, looks like a lot of blogs had this issue around the same time. No idea why, but due to a time-zone difference I don't think there will be a fix for at least a few hours. For the same reason I don't think Blogger will be aware of it for a few hours.

    Either way, there are a lot of people already asking about it. So I'm just going to get on with other things and let it get sorted. At least we know it's not just us or something we did! :)

    ReplyDelete

Never hesitate to ask a question or comment on something, this is an open minded and free space.

If you want to contact me privately do so at: theothersideoffunerals@gmail.com

~